Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Paint Pens & Just Add Color

We're so close to Summer vacation at our house. My older kids are officially out of school and my little man only has 2 days of school left. Summer vacation is right around the corner for us. I can't wait! I'm so ready to not be running out the door every couple of hours to run kids to/from school and school activities. I'm ready to have some quiet days at home with my kids. We don't have any huge plans for this Summer. I'm envisioning picnics in the park, cousins coming to play, a few afternoon naps, and a lot of time to work on my scrapbooking projects. I spent a lot of time planning and dreaming about projects I want to create. I can't wait to get those ideas onto albums.
Over the weekend I did get some time to play with the new Just Add Color collection from Bella Blvd. I've already blogged about the basics of this collection (here). In a nutshell, this collection is primarily black and white so that you can, "just add color". This time I added color with Elmer's Paint Pens.
Scrapbooking Cousins by Becki Adams @jbckadams

I started by coloring in some of the words on the "b" side of the Dotty patterned paper with a gold paint marker.

Scrapbooking Cousins by Becki Adams @jbckadams Coloring on this patterned paper was a lot of fun. It was nice to just color and let my mind wander for a few minutes. I'll definitely be using this technique again.
Scrapbooking Cousins by Becki Adams @jbckadams
I wanted to keep the color palette on this layout very simple. Black and white with touches of gold and pink. I really wanted to keep the focus on the photo. 
Scrapbooking Cousins by Becki Adams @jbckadams
Blitsy has this collection on sale TODAY. Hurry and grab your collection kit, a few embellishments and a few things to "just add color". 
If the Just Add Color collection was to land on your doorstep, what would you use to "Just Add Color" to your projects? paint? gelatos? watercolors ? Markers? Pencils? Ink?

2 comments:

  1. How fun is this - going to have to check out this fun collection from Bella Blvd!! Thanks for sharing this super fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to find this on Blitsy but could not find any Bella Boulevard products.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS